The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), within the framework of EU-funded «Support to Migration and Border Management in Armenia» project, together with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Armenia, Repat Armenia Foundation and «Public Diplomacy» NGO, is happy to announce «Suitcase 2017» ANNUAL JOURNALISM CONTEST ON MIGRATION AND BORDER MANAGEMENT ISSUES.
The contest is aimed at uniting the potential of Yerevan and regional media representatives who cover and report on migration and border management issues. The contest intends to encourage and motivate journalists to raise awareness and report on challenges and opportunities in the field of migration and border management.
The contest is open to media representatives and independent journalists from Yerevan and all regions of the Republic of Armenia.
- In order to participate in the contest it is necessary to present TV and radio reportages and programs, journalistic and media materials, articles and publications (online and print) covering migration and border management topics, including asylum, return of RA citizens to Armenia, (re-)integration issues, and trade facilitation broadcasted on TV and radio and published in press and online media outlets from 01 January 2017 to 31 October 2017
- All presented materials must be developed in line with journalistic ethics and copyright requirements.
- All presented materials can be submitted in Russian, Armenian and English languages.
- Each journalist can submit more than one journalistic piece.
- Writing style and storytelling standards: language, style, tone and clarity of the material.
- Reporting standards: context and background, structure and organization, effective quotes, accuracy and completeness, comprehensive and relevant sources of the material.
- Idea: newsworthiness, significance, originality, timeliness, creativity, relevance, public impact and benefit of the material.
The jury panel consisting of field specialists and professional journalists will select the contest winners (1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place) in the following nominations:
- TV reportage
- Radio program
- Print and online article
The participating organisations will award the special prizes for the best journalistic material on the following topics:
- Challenges and opportunities of displaced Syrians in Armenia - UNHCR
- Integration prospects of refugees in Armenia - UNHCR
- The best material on Repatriation – RepatArmenia Foundation
- The best photo reportage on migration – «Public Diplomacy» NGO
The deadline for accepting the applications is 1 November 2017 (until 18:00).
For additional information please call Ms. Inna Galoyan, Communication/ Administrative Officer at +374 520388, +374 93 401016.
Yerevan, V. Sargsyan 26/1, Erebuni Plaza Business Center office 711
“Suitcase 2017” annual journalism award ceremony on migration and border management issues is dedicated to International Migrant Day, which is marked every year on December 18.