Photo Competition on the positive aspects of migration
ICMPD in Armenia, within the framework of the EU-funded ‘Support to Migration and Border Management in Armenia’ (MIBMA) project, announces the photo contest “Migration through the eyes of Armenians.”
MIBMA activities concentrate on the topics of migration management, integration of refugees and long-term migrants, treatment of asylum seekers and vulnerable groups.
Migration is overwhelmingly perceived and portrayed as a negative phenomenon, while the positive impacts and contributions of migrants in their host communities are easily overlooked. Therefore, using the theme “Migration through the eyes of Armenians”, the photo contest aims to visually highlight the positive economic, cultural, and social impacts of migration and showcase migrants’ contribution towards the development of the communities they live in.
The photos will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to the theme 30%
- Emotional impact/strength of imagery 30%
- Technical quality 30%
- The highest number of FB likes 10%
Prizes - photo cameras and tablets, will be awarded to the top 3 winners during an award ceremony organised with the occasion of “Europe Day” (end of May/beginning of June). A special prize will be awarded to the most popular photo on the Facebook page based on the number of likes and shares. In addition, the top 25 photos will be included in the photo exhibition during the Europe Day celebration. All the submissions will be published on the ‘ICMPD in Armenia’ Facebook page and website.
- The photo contest is open to all high school and university students studying in Armenia. Each contestant can submit up to 3 photographs.
- Photos should be in digital format (JPEG/RAW) and must not be digitally edited except for adjusting brightness and contrast.
- The photo should have a title and short description/caption.
- All photos should be the applicant’s original work and should not have been submitted to any other photo contest or awarded a prize in another contest.
The submission e-mail should contain:
- Up to three photographs.
- Photographer’s name.
- Photo title and description/caption (two/three sentences).
- When and where the photo was taken.
Deadline for submission is 15 May 2017