The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), within the framework of EU-funded «Support to Migration and Border Management in Armenia» project, together with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Armenia and Repat Armenia Foundation, is happy to announce «Suitcase 2019» ANNUAL JOURNALISM CONTEST ON MIGRATION ISSUES.
The contest is aimed at uniting the potential of Yerevan and regional media representatives who cover and report on migration issues. The contest intends to encourage and motivate journalists to raise awareness and report on challenges and opportunities in the field of migration and border management.
The contest is open to media representatives and independent journalists from Yerevan and all regions of the Republic of Armenia.
- In order to participate in the contest it is necessary to present TV and radio reportages and programs, journalistic and media materials, articles and publications (online and print) covering migration topics, including asylum, return of RA citizens to Armenia, (re-)integration issues, and trade facilitation broadcasted on TV and radio and published in press and online media outlets from 01 January 2019 to 31 October 2019 inclusive.
- All presented materials must be developed in line with journalistic ethics and copyright requirements.
- All presented materials can be submitted in Russian, Armenian and English languages.
- Each journalist can submit up to three journalistic piece.
- Writing style and storytelling standards: language, style, tone and clarity of the material.
- Reporting standards: context and background, structure and organization, effective quotes, accuracy and completeness, comprehensive and relevant sources of the material.
- Idea: newsworthiness, significance, originality, timeliness, creativity, relevance, public impact and benefit of the material.
The jury panel consisting of field specialists and professional journalists will select the contest winners in the following nominations:
- The best TV reportage on migration issues
- The best radio reportage on migration issues
- The best print article on migration issues
- The best multimedia reportage on migration issues
- The best photo reportage on migration issues
- The best reintegration success story
- The best integration success story
The winner in each nomination will get a prize corresponding to 250 000 AMD.
The participating organisations will award the special prizes for the best journalistic material on the following topics:
- Challenges and integration success stories of displaced Syrians in Armenia - UNHCR
- Integration prospects of refugees in Armenia - UNHCR
- The best material on Repatriation – RepatArmenia Foundation
The deadline for accepting the applications is 1 November 2019 (until 18:00).
For additional information please call Ms. Inna Galoyan, Communication/ Administrative Officer at +374 520388, +374 93 401016.
Yerevan, V. Sargsyan 26/1, Erebuni Plaza Business Center office 711
“Suitcase 2019” annual journalism award ceremony on migration and border management issues is dedicated to International Migrant Day, which is marked every year on December 18.