The project offers a number of methodological tools, which will be used to reach project results under each of the two Components and nine thematic Modules.
The project activities are designed to be address within the below-mentioned three spheres with the support of corresponding methodological tools.
Policy development support contributes to key outcomes of the project on a strategic level where Armenian authorities take ownership in designing and implementation of project activities based on political priorities.
- Working Group – a cooperation platform consisting of national and EU experts within different thematic modules will contribute to identification and development of concrete needs, detailed agenda of activities, and expected results.
- Workshops will introduce participants to specific concepts, policies and strategies in relation to the project thematic modules.
- Technical assistance will be provided on the basis of findings, gaps and needs/ recommendations, and tailored assessment through peer-to-peer approach
- Practical visits will emphasise transfer of applied knowledge and good practices. Two types of visits will take place:
- Practical working visits to selected EU MS for the representatives of the WG to gain on-spot experience while working together with local EU MS experts
- Experience sharing visits to one of the another EaP countries, which has already completed or going through the visa liberalisation dialogue,
- Technical assessment to assess technical needs and costs toward the construction of the reception centre and Meghri BCP
Enhancement of professional skills aims to address operational needs of migration and border agencies to achieve defined political priorities.
- Trainings will include activities that aim to assist respective staff from migration and border agencies to acquire / further develop their skills. Several types of training are foreseen:
- Practical / On-job trainings will target practical application of the acquired knowledge on good practices.
- Training of Trainers (ToT) will provide certain officers with skills to develop and perform trainings in order to effectively transfer knowledge within their agencies.
- Intensive training programme will be based on the comprehensive preparation of the consular officers on various related themes
- Training toolkit will be developed to assist trainers to design and perform trainings on document security. The toolkit will offer a range of training resources, including training curricula, handbooks, manuals and e-distance learning tools.
Research explores the needs of Armenian authorities within project’s thematic areas while outreach links project’s achieved results with the final beneficiaries.
- Research of primary and secondary sources will be used as a tool to produce studies and assessments on migration governance, asylum and border management. \
- Conference / Round table will be organised as a forum for consultations, discussions and exchange of views with a wider range of audience (beneficiaries, international stakeholders, traders, civil society)